The Casey Feldman Network

Casey's friend, Samantha Csaniz, wrote this inspiring poem which was posted on July 22, 2009.

You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

♥ you Casey

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Samantha,
Thanks so much for this beautiful tribute to Casey. It inspires us to take advantage of all that Casey gave us, to use that good in moving on. Casey gave us strength, so why not use it.
Your words are uplifting and encouraging.
Aunt Janice
beautiful Dianne...you have obviously chosen to cherish and celebrate Casey's memory and help to keep the love alive.. You are an inspiration to us all. xxoo
At the Fordham memorial, I mentioned a quote I found in the week or so after Casey's accident that I found comforting and inspiring. The quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and he said, "It is not length of life, but depth of life." I have had it as the background of my computer so that I can be reminded of this quote every day, and can try to live deeply because that is what matters more than length. It is shown here and also attached here for anyone who wants to download the image.

Attachments:
Thank you so much Brooke. It is beautiful and oh, so true.

Brooke Burdge said:
At the Fordham memorial, I mentioned a quote I found in the week or so after Casey's accident that I found comforting and inspiring. The quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson, and he said, "It is not length of life, but depth of life." I have had it as the background of my computer so that I can be reminded of this quote every day, and can try to live deeply because that is what matters more than length. It is shown here and also attached here for anyone who wants to download the image.

Thanksgiving Day – 11/26/09

Today is a day for all of us to sit down with friends and loved ones and give thanks for what God has given us during the past year. Sometimes God doesn’t give – He takes away and this past year He has taken a special angel to live with him in Heaven. Over the past four months I have read about the person that Casey was. She was kind, caring, loving, smart, beautiful – someone that we all were proud to know. Last Sunday our Pastor asked us, “When we die, what would we want our legacy to be? As I sat there, I thought, I would want my legacy to be just like Casey’s but I know I have a lot of work to do. Casey taught us that life is not just living; life is also giving. I came across this poem and as I was reading it, I thought it was written just for Casey. I just changed a few words – but you will understand why. The poem is called FRIENDSHIP.

Friendship is a gift, to those who, in turn, will be a friend.
To have a friend and be a friend, brings blessings, without end.
A smile from a friend brings sunshine to brighten a cloudy day.
A smile to a friend will be returned as soon as it is given away.

A friend does not ignore your faults, they accept you as you are.
Friendships door is never closed, that door remains ajar.
A friend is a shoulder to lean on when one is feeling low.
A word of praise when one does well, a friend is the first to tell you so.

A friend is a person to laugh with, a person with whom you can cry.
Understanding when you fall, a friend won’t ask you “why”.
Someone you can trust completely, of your life they’re a vital part.
We thank you Lord for our friend Casey, from the bottom of our heart.


Thank you Lord for bringing this wonderful person into our life.
God Bless you Casey. Until we meet again. Love you.
Thank you my friend, Rachael. That is beautiful.
A credit to Henry Gibson who posted this one on Facebook: “Let's be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our soul bloom.” ~ Marcel Proust
This poem was sent to me by site member Nancy. Thank you so much Nancy. I will be sharing it with my eldery parents in particular (they don't have computers and can't access this site). Even if you are not a Christian, you may find some comfort - substitute God or any other higher power of your choosing for Jesus Christ as you read this poem:

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the choir up here,
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, "Love" is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as our Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
This is incredibly comforting. i need to know she is okay and connected to all who love her. Thanks for including it. Prayers, love and comforting thoughts to all.. Aunt Marcy

Dianne L. Anderson said:
This poem was sent to me by site member Nancy. Thank you so much Nancy. I will be sharing it with my eldery parents in particular (they don't have computers and can't access this site). Even if you are not a Christian, you may find some comfort - substitute God or any other higher power of your choosing for Jesus Christ as you read this poem:

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the choir up here,
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, "Love" is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as our Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
Marcy Seminoff said:
This is incredibly comforting. i need to know she is okay and connected to all who love her. Thanks for including it. Prayers, love and comforting thoughts to all.. Aunt Marcy

Dianne L. Anderson said:
This poem was sent to me by site member Nancy. Thank you so much Nancy. I will be sharing it with my eldery parents in particular (they don't have computers and can't access this site). Even if you are not a Christian, you may find some comfort - substitute God or any other higher power of your choosing for Jesus Christ as you read this poem:

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the choir up here,
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, "Love" is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as our Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
Marcy Seminoff said:
This is incredibly comforting. i need to know she is okay and connected to all who love her. Thanks for including it. Prayers, love and comforting thoughts to all.. Aunt Marcy

Dianne L. Anderson said:
This poem was sent to me by site member Nancy. Thank you so much Nancy. I will be sharing it with my eldery parents in particular (they don't have computers and can't access this site). Even if you are not a Christian, you may find some comfort - substitute God or any other higher power of your choosing for Jesus Christ as you read this poem:

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the choir up here,
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, "Love" is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as our Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
This is the most beautiful poem I have ever read. What could be a better blessing than spending Christmas with Jesus and now he has a special angel by His side. Love you Casey.

RSS

© 2014   Created by The Casey Feldman Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service